Diploma in Civil Engineering Course Details
These days, Building and Construction is the most booming sector all over the World. Its growth has a tremendous impact on the economic growth of a nation. Thus it is an investment-led industry where the government’s high interest can be visible. The government generally enters into contracts with the Building and Construction Industry for the development of health, transport as well as education-related infrastructures. This sector provides Civil Engineering professionals with a flooded pond of opportunities.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Course is a 3-years duration course in engineering, specialized a student in a varied field of designing, construction, and maintenance of any physical or naturally-built environment, like buildings, roads, flyovers, bridges, canals, dams, schools and hospitals buildings and many more. The curriculum of Diploma in Civil Engineering Course is designed in such a manner to furnish knowledge about the stream and help students to enhance their practical and analytical skills for the use in designing, building and maintenance process.
If you are among those who dream of building a comfortable society for people, then this career will give you an edge.
What is the Diploma in Civil Engineering Course?
Diploma in Civil Engineering Course is a 3-years undergraduate course that deals with the construction, designing and maintenance of any structure either built naturally or physically. It is an integral part of any country’s economy. It is named as Civil because it is that branch of engineering which deals with the comfort and comfort accessories required by any civilian (common people) as per their basic needs of the home, transportation, workplace and many more.
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Civil Engineering
The eligibility criteria laid down for pursuing this Diploma in Civil Engineering Course is similar to other diploma courses which are as follows:
- Candidates should have cleared 10th grade from any central or recognised State Board. 10+2 (vocational) cleared students, or ITI pass students can get admission directly in the second year. Any candidate who fails to fulfil this criterion before the admission date of the course is ineligible for pursuing this course.
- A general candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in 10th and SC/ST getting 45% of marks could apply for the course.
Skillset Required for Diploma in Civil Engineering
There is no specific skill requirement for pursuing The Diploma in Civil Engineering Course. The only thing required is keen interest in learning things and a technical temperament to explore new possibilities in limited resources.
The course is meant for Creative-minded people having an innovative approach to solving problems; One should possess the ability to evaluate not only plans, projects and designs but also effective assessment and management of risk, resources and time.
Admission Procedure for Diploma in Civil engineering course
There is a basic requirement of having Xth grade pass for any candidate. But, these days some states like Haryana, UP, West Bengal, Jharkhand, etc. use to conduct entrance examinations. By clearing this entrance examination, one can get admission into any Government College/ Institutes. There are also a variety of options available for getting admission into AICTE approved privately-owned owned colleges.
List of Colleges Offering Diploma in Civil Engineering and Fee Structure
There are many Government Colleges established in almost every state for this Diploma in Civil Engineering Course, in which through clearing entrance, one can get admission. Apart from this, some leading Institutes are serving this course with their Fee structure are listed below:
- Lovely Professionals University, Delhi – INR1,06,000
- Rameshwaram Institute of Technology and Management, Lucknow – INR1,34,000
- Wisdom School of Management, Ahmedabad – INR 47,100
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh – INR5,07,000
- Dev Bhoomi Institute of Technology, Dehradun – INR 89,600
- Dr. D.Y.Patil College of Engineering, Pune – INR1,43,000
- Rai University, Ahmedabad – INR1,20,000
- Rawal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Faridabad – INR1,35,000
- Shri Ramswaroop Memorial University, Lucknow – INR1,50,000
- School of Engineering and Technology, Jaipur – INR1,05,000
- Galgotias University, Noida – INR 90,000
- Amity University, Noida – INR6,15,000
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai – INR 37,250
- GD Goenka University, Gurgaon – INR1,50,00
Syllabus of Diploma in Civil Engineering Course
The syllabus of the course is formulated in a manner to develop a better understanding and skill in the field. It’s a 3-years course with a year-wise breakup to cover all the required area of knowledge which is as follows:
- Professional Communication
- Applied Mathematics I
- Applied Physics
- Applied Chemistry
- Applied Mechanics
- Engineering Drawing
- Computer Application for Engineering
- Workshop Practice
- Building Material
- Elec. Elect. & Mech. Engineering
- Strength of Material
- Public Health Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Building const. & Maintenance Engineering
- Concrete Technology
- Civil Engineering Drawing
- Design of Steel & Masonry Structure
- Design of Reinforced Concrete Structure
- Transpiration Engineering
- Estimating, Costing & Values.
- Construction Management, Accounts & Entrepreneurship Development
- Surveying II
- Civil Engineering Drawing II
- Irrigation Engineering.
- Environmental Pollution & Control
- Earthquake Engineering
- Civil Lab-III (RCC & Highway)
- Project Work
- Field Exposure
Career Options Opened after Completion of Civil Engineering
- This diploma course is specially formulated, keeping in mind not only sound engineering knowledge but also very good supervisory and administrative skills. On completion of this course, one can avail varied forms of job opportunities in Colleges & Universities, Real Estate Companies, Civil & Interior (Projects), Railways, Architect Companies, Roads and Airports, etc.
- For the development of any nation, new building structures are required to be constructed, and repair and maintenance of the existing ones are also needed. This scenario suggests that the demand for Civil Engineering professionals is never-ending.
- On completion of this course, one can opt for further higher degrees like Bachelor and then postgraduate courses. After this Diploma Course, one can get direct admission into the 2nd year of the B.Tech Program. For getting direct admission into 2nd year of the B.Tech. Courses, one has to clear LEET (Lateral Engineering Entrance Test). This entrance test makes one person eligible for enrolling oneself in any recognised government or private colleges.
- A good and laborious Candidate can also find jobs in various governmental and non-governmental sectors such as PWD, PSUs, Private Construction Companies, Multinational Companies, MES, Railways, etc.
Expected Salary in Diploma in Civil Engineering
If we look for the starting average salary paid to any diploma holder Civil Engineering professional is around INR 10,000 to 25,000 per month. It rises with a rise in knowledge and experience. It can reach a handsome amount of 6-digits. One can also establish his business firm and also work on different governmental and non-governmental contracts. This makes you earn a lot of knowledge, experience and wealth with responsibility.
Job Profiles Under Diploma in Civil Engineering
Building and Construction sector is a growing sector with a growing economy. The growing effect has created various job positions, such as:
- Assistant Manager
- Construction Site Assistant Supervisor
- Assistant Field Inspector
- Executive Engineer
- Project Engineer Coordinator
- Quality Control Engineer
- Assist. Faculty Member
- Professors and Teachers
- Independent Consultants and many more.
When we talk about the work profile for the Diploma in Civil Engineering – Civil engineers create, improve and protect the environment during which we live. They plan, design and oversee construction and maintenance of building structures and infrastructure, like roads, railways, airports, bridges, harbours, dams, irrigation projects, power plants, and water and sewerage systems.
FAQ’s on Diploma in Civil Engineering
What is the Diploma in Civil Engineering Course?
Diploma in Civil Engineering Course is a 3-years undergraduate course that deals with the construction, designing and maintenance of any structure either built naturally or physically.
What are the eligibility criteria for this Diploma in Civil Engineering Course?
Candidates should have cleared 10th grade from any central or recognised State Board. 10+2 (vocational) cleared students, or ITI pass students can get admission directly in the second year. A general candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in 10th and SC/ST getting 45% of marks could apply for the course.
What are the recruitment areas where diploma holders of Civil Engineering professionals are employed?
The recruitment areas where diploma holders Civil Engineering professionals are employed are job opportunities in Colleges & Universities, Real Estate Companies, MNCs, PSUs, Civil & Interior (Projects), Railways, Architect Companies, Roads and Airports, etc.
What is the duration of the Diploma in Civil Engineering Course?
The duration of the Diploma in Civil Engineering Course is three years with the year-wise break.
How can one enroll oneself in the 2nd year of the b.tech Program after completion of a Diploma in Civil Engineering Course?
One has to clear LEET (Lateral Engineering Entrance Test) for getting direct admission into 2nd year of the B.Tech. Courses. This entrance test makes one person eligible for enrolling oneself in any recognized government or private colleges.
Conclusion on Diploma in Civi Engineering
Diploma in Civil Engineering Course is a way for diving into an Ocean of Knowledge and opportunities. If a person has the creative and innovative temperament of “Creating the World”, this is the best-suited option for him/her. Learning and acquiring knowledge in this field could lift you to the stairs of success and open the doors of better and better career opportunities. All you need is learning cordially and patiently.